ABOUT THE PRESENTATION
Crystalline silica is a hazardous substance that can cause serious health problems. As such, it is important for employers to take steps to control the risks associated with silica.
NECA has invited WorkSafe Victoria to discuss the new laws regarding high-risk crystalline silica. In this highly demanded webinar, you will discover:
The webinar will explore topics such as:
- What the new laws on crystalline silica are
- When the law comes into effect
- How to control the risks associated with crystalline silica
- When to use secondary guarding on elevating work platforms
- When to use a safety observer
- How to safely isolate electrical circuits
This webinar is highly recommended for business owners, electricians, apprentice electricians, health and safety representatives.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER
James Webster joined WorkSafe in 2018 as a construction inspector. Prior to WorkSafe, James worked as an A-grade electrician in the commercial construction industry. He now enjoys the role of Senior Construction Advisor, where he engages and provides advice to both internal and external stakeholders, reviews and publishes guidance material, develops and delivers projects, and does inspections when he gets the chance.